Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Dualist Gripes

I always forget that these things that are troubling me or aggravating to me are a mirror showing something that I need to learn about. Forgetting this, I get into a mind that wants to change the world so that I will be happy and comfortable. Treated the way I wish to be treated. Amused the way I want to be amused. Protected the way I wish to be protected. I get swept away ruminating on how the world should change, how he/she/it should change. As if I knew better than god how the world should be.


The practice of developing an accepting mind, a mind that affirms reality (the things our mind/self are showing us) is a long and complicated project, with many levels of significance. Christ's view as I understand it from A Course in Miracles: learning to love, to forgive is really about becoming comfortable with ourselves, and discovering our true nature. Recognizing our oneness with God. By forgiving, we climb steps by which we overcome the world, which is an illusion created by the ego. By resenting, we stay locked in the dream that we are being tormented by the world, when we are in fact being tormented by the beliefs and feelings held by our egos, dark and uncomfortable issues we project onto the world becuase that's how the mind works. We are
tormented by the tension of a dreaming Self that thinks it's a self.

No comments: